Maranoa Regional Council met this week.
Here’s a snap shot of what came up for discussion and decision.
New Operating Hours for Great Artesian Spa:
Council approved the following new opening hours: Tourist Season: 8am – 6pm each day. Outside Tourist Season: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday – 8am – 6pm; Tuesday and Thursday – 8am – 7pm.
Booringa Action Group will also operate on all public holidays, except Christmas Day or before 1.30pm on Anzac Day.
Tourism Awards Nominations:
Council will nominate the Big Rig and Roma Visitor Information Centre in the following Industry Awards:
- Maranoa Business Awards – Tourism and Hospitality Award
- Queensland Information Centres Association Visitor Information Centre of the Year – Community Engagement Award
- Outback Qld Tourism Awards – Visitor Information Services. Also, as part of the Outback Qld Tourism Awards:
- Tayla Dennis – Young Achiever Award
- Roma Express Volunteer Train Drivers – Outstanding Contribution by a Volunteer Group.
Relocation of Public Art Mitchell:
Approval was given for the metallic bull sculpture to be relocated to the front of the Mitchell Library and Gallery precinct and installed on a 2.1m high post with up- lighting.
Donation of Old Mitchell State Emergency Service (SES) Truck:
Council will donate the old Mitchell SES truck to the RSL Roma Sub Branch. Nalingu Aboriginal Corporation Council will provide in kind assistance by supplying bins, chairs and tables, and collection of rubbish for the upcoming 50-year reunion for the Mitchell Yumba to be held from 29 September to 1 October.
My Maranoa Business:
Suffcon Pty Ltd was selected as the recommended tenderer for Sewer Main Diversion in Gregory Street, Roma.