Throughout August, Maranoa Regional Council has teamed up with Drop Zone E-cycle Solutions to provide a FREE drop off zone for the region’s unwanted computer equipment and television waste.
Councillor Geoff McMullen, Portfolio Chair for Environment & Waste says this initiative is a fantastic way to get rid of your unwanted computers and televisions.
“We all have old computers and televisions laying around the house, so this is a great opportunity to safely and consciously throw them away at your local refuse facility.”
Items will be recycled and used to make new products (nothing is resold and all data will be destroyed through the process).
• Televisions, such as CRTs, plasma, LCD and rear-projection televisions
• Computers, such as desktops, laptops, notebooks, palmtops, tablets, monitors, components, motherboards, internal hard drives, memory cards, internal power supplies, CPUs and optical drives.
• Computer peripherals, such as mice, keyboards, joysticks, game pads, scanners and web cameras
• Printers, such as ink-jet, dot matrix, laser printers, and multi-functional devices.
What’s not accepted?
• Mobile phones
• Game consoles
• Video recorders
• DVD players
• Power tools
• Products that have been exposed to radiation, biological or chemical hazard.
Cr McMullen says A Drop Zone area will be available until 31 August at each refuse facility in Roma, Injune and Surat.